Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kitty Raises Hell by Carrie Vaughn




Synopsis from Goodreads.com
Kitty Norville and Ben thought that they had left their problems in Vegas. What they should have realized is that vampire priestesses and lycanthropes don't forgive and forget: They unleashed flaming balls of revenge. To protect her pack of werewolves, Kitty seeks the help of TV paranormal investigators, but ultimately her survival and those of the creatures she's sworn to protect rests in the outstretched hands of her and her allies.

My review:
I do believe I am wrong. I don't normally admit to being wrong because I am always right, but for once I will admit I was wrong! I said that Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (#5 in the Kitty Norville series) was the best book so far, but this one was even better.

This once carries straight on after Kitty and Ben return from the trip to Vegas. The trouble from Vegas has followed them home and someone finds Kitty's bar, New Moon, and burns the word Tiamat on the door. Kitty obviously knows what and who that means and now has to stop them. However she ends up dealing with something she didn't even know existed; a form of a djinn called an ifrit, which is a spirit made of fire and who loves causing chaos by burning everything and everyone down! Kitty does admit that she doesn't really know what to do and with the help of an old friend and some new ones she soon works out how to rid herself and Denver of this pest!

Even though Kitty is the female alpha of her pack, she readily admits when she doesn't know what to do and has no problems whatsoever asking for help. Some alphas or vampire masters would see that as a weakness, but I believe it takes great guts to ask for help when everyone else expects you to be able to deal with the problem.

I love Kitty and Ben's relationship. They are both clear alphas but are so madly in love with each other. I hope that doesn't change in the rest of the series. Although I do prefer the action and adventure in these books, I do also like it when a couple get together and it works out.

And I do like how Rick is developing as well. He is coming into his own being the new vampire master for Denver and even though Kitty may not always agree with his decisions, he does seem to be able to wait out and find the answers before jumping in with both feet. Something that Kitty is more than ready to do at times in this book. I love how secretive he is as well, always giving little snippets of his past to Kitty but never really revealing anything. I hope one day she does get a juicy story from him!

Right onto Book #7, Kitty's House of Horrors then!


No comments:

Post a Comment